Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo

Thursday 15 March 2012

Review: Inside Out by Maria V Snyder

Title: Inside Out 
Release Date: 2011 (originally April 1st 2010)
Publisher: Mira Ink 
Series: Insider
Pages: 315
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★★★

"I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution..." Source Goodreads 

Inside Out has been sat on my shelf for quite some time since I picked it up after hearing great things both about the dystopian setting and Maria V Synder's brilliant writing. I can happily admit that I was not disappointed. This book was fantastic.

Inside Out follows the story of the main character Trella who lives and works in the pipes of inside. She's a very distant character, preferring her own company to the many others who also reside inside, which automatically gave me the sense of needing to get to know this character more. I loved Trella, she was strong, brave and a very determined, someone perfect to follow and track down the mysteries of the inside. The character development was brilliant and by the last few pages I felt like I was loosing a great friend rather than closing the book on a great character. 

Inside Out also contains a bit of romance which thankfully was not the main focus of the plot though completely adorable, instead the main focus was on the mystery of the outside and the reason the society is how it is. 

Overall I loved this story and I absolutely cannot wait to pick up the second in the series. I'm also looking forward to reading much more by Maria V Synder as her writing is just wonderful. Her world building skill are perfect, giving you a clear and detailed image of how she wishes for you to picture her world. I urge you to pick up this book, especially if you enjoy dystopian as I am sure you will love this one. 



Happy Reading! 
Katie 

1 comment:

  1. I love Maria V Snyder, can't wait to read this!

    www.graveyardbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete