Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I'd Play Hooky With

I was originally going to post a different Top Ten Tuesday because normally I'm not very organised when it comes to these and tend to choose a random one from the past year and roll with it. But this one tickled my fancy and I got cracking compiling my list. 
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week we have ten books that I'd play hooky with if they landed on my doorstep. If like me you had no idea what hooky was (yes I had to use twitter to find out) it turns out it means call in sick / skive / bunk off etc. Who knew? I should point out that this is 100% hypothetical and I would never actually call in sick if I wasn't actually ill, because that is wrong. haha. (you never know who's reading)
So now we know, here are my ten: 

Insurgent - Veronica Roth
I have been dying to read this book since I put down Divergent and haven't thought about much else. If this landed on my doorstep (with this cover instead of the odd UK cover choice) it would take a lot for someone to prise it from my hands.
The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa
I've heard so much about this one already over blogs and youtube that this had to be added to my list. Now I have to say that I wasn't a huge The Iron King fan, but in my defence I'm not a huge faerie fan in general. This one being based on Vampires is definitely more my cup of tea and I'm extremely eager to get my grubby little paws on it. 
Supernaturally - Kiersten White
This is the first in the Paranormalcy series and if this first is anything to go by Supernatuarally will be no doubt amazing. I read the Paranormalcy within a day because I just couldn't switch off from the story, so I'm guessing that I'll need a full day for this one as well.








A Million Suns - Beth Revis
A Millions Suns is the second in the Across the Universe series which I'm sure you already know. I read Across the Universe last month and absolutely loved it, so there's really no surprise that this one is on my list. And if at all possible could I have this cover in paperback please. haha.


Cinder - Marissa Meyer
Cinder is another one that's been on my wish list for quite some time and once again be have both blog and youtube hype to thank for this one. A remake of Cinderella crossed with cyborgs/robots set in a futuristic, dystopian world seems right up my street.

The Pledge - Kimberly Derting
Ever since I watch Amber's review on this one way back in November this has been very high up on my wish list. I really loved the sound of this one. A dystopian of course, but what intrigued me were the languages. A stroke of genius. 
Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi
I've not heard too much about this one, but after watching the book trailer, reading the summary and taking a look at that front cover I don't think I can resist. 
Incarceron - Catherine Fisher 
A futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. What doesn't draw to in about that first sentence of the summary? 
Fracture- Megan Miranda
Thank you amazon for recommending this one to me, because ever since I have be desperate to read it. Fracture is a relatively new release about a girl that drowns and after I believe 10 minutes is revived. Instead of waking up with brain damage she realises that she has special powers. Interesting? Yep! 
Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've seen so much about the second in this series, Pure, over the past few months that sound amazing, but before I can enjoy that one I need to read the first. 








That's it for this week. Hope you enjoy the video. 



Happy Reading,
Katie 

1 comment:

  1. I would play hooky with every single one of these books too! I think if I got my hands on Insurgent now I'd probably lock myself away just to finish it. Definitely wouldn't want to be the person who tried to interrupt me =)

    ReplyDelete