Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld | New UK Covers

I came across the new covers for Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series some time last month and originally I wasn't going to post about them, but if I'm honest I can't help myself. Now if you've been here before I'm sure you'll be aware of my dislike for the most recent Uglies series covers and how I refuse to buy them because of this. Oh yes, and I'm sure we all remember just how shallow I can be at times. haha.

So you can understand how excited I was to hear that they were republishing the books with a revamped cover... until I saw them and I'm just not sure I like them.
Uglies Scott Westerfeld new UK covers What do you think? Do you love them? Do you hate them? I definitely think they are marmite covers. Let me know in the comments.

I'm also not keen on publishes recent obsession with comparing everything to The Hunger Games. I'm a huge fan of both series and I understand that of course it sells more copies and introduces new readers to a fantastic series, but it just grates on me. If I'm honest I'm irritated more by the fact that it irritates me than the publishes actually doing it. haha.

So in light of these new covers it seems that I'm still going to have to get my copies of Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and Extras imported. A bit of a shame really but I need these books in my life!
  Uglies Scott Westerfeld new US covers

See you've got to agree the US tend to get the better end of the stick than the UK cover wise. Yes? No? Not important? 

... anyway
happy reading,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment